Thursday, March 19, 2009

See You Summer....

Hi. So I just had to tell you all about my Host family...

Recently I got a package from the fam with all kinds of goodies in it... Mom made an apron for Tanya (my host mom), got some books about Utah for Igor (my host dad), and a bunch of little trinkets for the boys.. They LOVED it by the way! Anything that is from America is pretty much just amazing to them. Valera was blowing bubbles all night, and Sasha thinks that he has the game of Jacks down (although he is totally doing it all wrong, but you can't tell a 6-year-old they're wrong...) But the funniest thing was Igor. He is the best.
So, Tanya works 2 jobs and is usually not home until around 11 every night. So Igor cooks the Dinner every night and does the dishes and most of the Laundry. :) He is Superman. So as soon as I got the Apron out, he put it on and was wearing it all night. It was cracking me up!
Then I got the books out about Utah, and he was even more exited. Then they started seriously talking about coming to Utah, because our giving them the books was like an invitation. They were having a serious conversation about it, and they finally turned to me and said, "Do we have to give you an answer tonight?" haha it made me laugh, but I said, "of course not."
Then I came to find out a couple days later that they have seriously decided that they are coming to Utah this Summer! Just Igor and Sasha. But I don't know if they are coming because of me and the books, or if they had thought of it previously....but just a heads up folks, we'll have some Russians visiting us for a couple weeks this summer!
They were thinking of coming in July, but then I told them that I wouldn't be home. So Igor is now trying to talk with his boss about changing his vacation time to August. They really must love me!! :) it makes me happy!! I know that I will really miss them when I leave. But it wont be too bad because they will be visiting pretty soon after! I can't wait to show them everything about Utah!
Every morning when I leave or Igor leaves, he always says, "See you evening!" and the other night I had a dream that I was going home and he said, "See you Summer!" So I just wanted to let you all know of my little family experience!! I love it, and I love you all!
Dena

1 comment:

Kendall said...

i love your Russian family already. especially Igor, well i just think his name is funny and reminds me of a hunchback (which i know he isnt). that would be so awesome if they visit Utah ha it is the place! love you