Thursday, March 12, 2009

Church on Spilled Blood

Hello everyone!

I've been so busy lately, but wanted to update you a little on something that we FINALLY did! We went to the Church on Spilled Blood, which is the first thing you think of when you think of St. Petersburg. It was beautiful, definitely my favorite Cathedral we have been in so far. It was on a dreary day, but it was still gorgeous. The inside was the best though. It was full of rich colors and beautiful pictures. The best part is that everything you see is a mosaic. It is amazing! The floor is all marble as well. I just loved it!



This is our famous building! It is not as colorful as the one in Moscow, but I think it's more beautiful because it doesn't look as fake. Its all brick, and right on a river!

Again, the ceilings and chandaleirs are amazing, all MOSAIC! (well not the chandaleirs)

This is a little model of the church that someone made and donated, its amazing!

The floor is almost the best part! They have kept it in such awesome condition.

I just can't get over the fact that all of this is mosaic, even inside the double pained windows is a mosaic, they didn't overlook any part of this building!

I love you all, sorry this isn't much, but I'm running out of time yet again, I will post again as soon as I can!
Dena

1 comment:

e.wilson said...

oh my gosh, dena! this is so great! it looks like you are having the time of your life!

oh how i love and miss you.
xoxoxoxoxoxo
e