Sunday, March 29, 2009

Trakai Castle


Ok I think that the reason I loved Lithuania so much, was because of our side trip to Trakai Castle! It was absolutely beautiful even though everything was frozen! The city of Trakai is the ancient capital of Lithuania, and is situated west of Vilnius between, hills, forests, and lakes. It was built in the 14th century and is known as the "Island Castle". I loved it, when you stood on the towers, all you could see around were the hills and the lake on all sides! Very picturesque!


Me, on the bridge to the Castle.

The almost hauled us to be hanged for our "Witch-craft" Don't worry though, we got off the hook by showing them some ancient Witch Dances!

They weren't really satisfied though, so we ran for our lives. They put the gates down right before we could get out, but our climbing skills were above them, we made it! jk :)


Inside the tower, on the winding stair case! Don't you just love the looks of the old walls?

Branda and I hanging out by one of the windows in the housing chambers!

We had to pose again on our way back, it was hard to leave, we all loved it so much!

I am experiencing and seeing so much here. I have now been many places that I never thought I would go and now have a place for all of them in my heart! Love you all!
Dena

2 comments:

Laura Reay said...

I want to go there.........

Laura Reay said...

I just glad you have a warm coat. It looks so cold. Easy on your wardrobe though, you could wear the same thing every day and no one would know. This looked like fun and I am sure you are really feeling like you aren't back in Utah. It looks almost like you are living in a make believe world. Keep having a great time. love Mom