Thursday, April 9, 2009

Elder Richard G. Scott said....

"Keeping the covenants is not hard when you do it willingly with a 'broken heart and a contrite spirit.' When obeyed, those covenants bring happiness and joy. They give purpose to life. Difficulty comes when agency is used to make choices that are inconsistent with those covenants. Study the things you do in your discretionary time, that time yore free to control. Do you find that it is centered in those things that are of hightest priority and of greatest importance? Or do you unconsciously, consistently fill it with trivia and activities that are not of enduring value nor help you accomplish the purpose for which you came to earth? Think of the long view of life, not just what's going to happen today or tomorrow. Don't give up what you most want in life for something you think you want now."

I love this quote and it has definitely inspired me while I have been in Russia! I have been so involved in the church here, I never thought that I would be, mostly because of the language barrier. But the missionaries here are amazing. They have provided so much opportunity for us to be involved! It has helped us to stay happy! We have FHE, institute, church in English!!!, and play floor hockey with the missionaries and the members 2 times a week! We either are at the school teaching or at the church when we aren't home or sightseeing! I love being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! Every happiness I have is from being a member!

My experiences here have helped me decide for sure that I am going on a Mission! I will put my papers in this August. I am looking at the long view, instead of what I think I want now! I know that a mission will benefit my life! I can't wait! I know this Gospel is true, live it, love it, and you will be the happiest person in the world!

Love you all!
Dena

1 comment:

e.wilson said...

BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
dena! i love love you!
i will write you and send you cookies.
oh yes.
so exciting.
xo