Monday, March 30, 2009

A Russian Birthday Party!

As you know it was Valera's 5th birthday party not long ago....well let me fill you in on how a Russian Birthday Party works....

Apparently the party isn't for the kid, it's for the Parents! haha Tanya and Igor had all of their friends over. It was fun to meet a lot of new people! But I think that Russia only has about 10 names in their "Book of Babies Names" because the only people that I have met are named:
Tatiana (Tanya)
Igor (George)
Sergei (Serosha)
Sveta
Sasha (Alexander)
Dima (Dimitri)
Anna (Anya, Anastasia)
Vlad (Vladik, Vladimir)
or pretty much anything that ends with "asha"
I think that they need to change it up...how about you?

Anyway...So we ate! That is what they do at birthday parties here....they just eat and eat all day! They don't even sing! It was so weird. They just sat IN MY ROOM!!! on MY bed! and we all ate, they moved a table in there, and we ate. Well I guess I should say they ate! I only had 2 things: Fruit salad, and this chicken salad, that tasted like Tuna with Chicken...anyway! Same with Branda (she was there with me) Everything else had fish in it! It was so gross! They have this thing in Russia call Holladiets (sp?) and it is like a meat jello, well they had a fish one, with 2 whole fish in it, skin, eyes and all! BARF! I just kindly passed! haha
But then when I thought all the eating was over, they brought out ice cream, we had some and then they were like "do you want to go on a walk?" Uh I think not, it was FREEZING outside! Hardly weather for a nice walk! So we stayed home and they all went for a walk and then came back to do what???? Uh eat again! haha
It was definitely an experience! I enjoyed it! And I was so grateful Branda shared it with me! She is the best friend ever and I don't think that I would survive Russia without her!
Love you all!
Dena

No comments: