Friday, December 11, 2009

'Tis The Season...

I just LOVE the holiday season!
It's the time for Christmas Fever!!!
For some reason at this time of year, our eyes open and we see the things in our life that mean so much to us! We all think of the Savior more.. I think that at this time of year you probably hear the word "LOVE" more than at any other time of year! (except maybe Valentines Day) You also express your gratitude for just about everything...
Well, I have been affected with the Christmas Fever! For me it also has to do with the fact that soon I will be leaving for 18 months, and I'm leaving my family and friends and all the conveniences of home behind!
Thanksgiving was a great day! (Last year I was in charge of rolls at Golden Corral, so anything tops that) We spent the day at my Grandparents house, and with family! We all had a question that we had to answer about our lives and why it makes us grateful, it was good to hear that everyone has struggles but they get through it and are grateful for them! I know the Lord doesn't give us anything that we cant handle...


I had the privilege to read a letter that Sean wrote to us... I can honestly say that the Army has changed his life and opened his eyes. He told us all of the ways that he has grown, and how he loves all of us so much! A lot of people were crying as I read, and it was really touching! Love him! I am SO grateful that we are so close and that God blessed me with him as my older brother! I'm also grateful that he found Haley, and the amazing sister that she is to me! She is so easy to love!
Of course there is the rest of my family, they are all great in their own ways! Its fun to be around them all the time now, leaving them will be difficult! (but do-able!)
And then there are my friends! I love them! My Best Friend is GETTING MARRIED!!! And although it is really hard for me to know I wont be here for her wedding, I couldn't be happier. I think that because I know I'm leaving I'm helping even more than I normally would! She is including me with everything (even more than her mom I think!) and I love it! She will be such a beautiful bride, and a wonderful wife! Love you Branda!


When I left Russia I was so excited to be leaving, and I never thought that I would be SO grateful for my time there, not only did I change and grow for the better, but I met people that helped me get to where I am today!
The number one person that helped me put my life into perspective is the beautiful Aubrey Whitaker! Its not just that she is kind, loving, happy, pretty, has the greatest eyes EVER, and funny, but she is just a BEAUTIFUL person, inside and out! She brings God into every aspect of her life, and I look up to her so much for that! I can truly say that the best part about going to Russia was meeting her! (And she is hopefully coming to visit in January! I CANT WAIT!!)


The list could go on and on and on... but that is enough for now I think! I am grateful for and Love all of you! Thanks for being a part of my life!
Now this Christmas Fever usually goes on until the beginning of January...we make our New Years Resolutions with such good intentions, but this next year lets REALLY try to show our love and gratitude to all of those around us, and most importantly to our Heavenly Father and His Son for letting us be here and have any of this in the first place!
Merry Christmas!
Love you,
Dena

1 comment:

Bee said...

Dena, your post was so wonderful and just too sweet! I loved what you said in the end about letting us bring our love into more than just Christmas time this next year, but hugging it so close that we have it through all months prior as well. Love is such a beautiful thing and I think sometimes we forget how meaningful it is until Christmas time and Thanksgiving rolls around. You have convicted my heart; I am going to try to act out love all year long!!! I am also so glad that you are helping Branda so much with the wedding. It is amazing how Heavenly Father can bring out such great blessings, even when we are in situations where we struggle! Your Thanksgiving sounded wonderful by the way, I am jealous! Also, I am so thankful for Russia because I met you, too. I was really tried by God during my time there and struggled a lot without having anyone of my own faith, but I think that I was not only made stronger, but that it was all part of His heavenly plan to lead me to meet you and your great example. You are the only one who has checked up on me since I've been home and really continued being open to discussing our differences in faiths, and I am so grateful for that; you are going to be the BEST missionary! Anyway, this is now, officially, obnoxiously long so I will conclude. I just wanted to tell you how happy and grateful I am for you and that I loved your post! :-)