Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Oh Russia.....

So I know that I haven't been really good with posting lately, I promise this isn't my fault.
If I could I would spend all day uploading all of the pictures I take so that my dearest mother would know everything that is going on with me....
But apparently Russia isn't having this.
We went to Moscow a couple weekends ago, right after my last post, and when we got home, the internet just decided that it didn't want to work for about 6 days. (My poor mother, she was so worried...) Someone said its because the Government turns it off? Who knows? Then I finally got on and I can't upload pictures for some reason, but trust me, I will find a way.
Another "Oh Russia" experience that I had this week: I was going to get a drink (through the filter of course) and It wouldn't turn on. Then I just turned the regular water on, and it was brown. EWW! I guess it was too dirty to go through the filter, hopefully I don't get some disease.
My final "Oh Russia" experience ended today when I finally was able to take a shower! I haven't for 4 days (and most of you know that I am a shower every single day kinda girl) because, apparently in Russia the government controls the heat. They decided to turn ours off in my apartment building. Don't ask me why, but I have been washing my face in ICE COLD water, because that is the only water that we can get. Just cupping the water in my hands made me feel like I was going to have to amputate my fingers!
We don't have heat either, so the other morning I walked into the kitchen and my host mom had the oven on with the door open, she was trying to heat the flat that way! haha I love the Russians! They make my day and DEFINITELY make me thankful that I live in the USA with clean, hot water and internet that is run through companies and not the government!
We leave for Latvia and Lithuania tomorrow, so I will have some definite catching up to do when i get home! I will figure out a way to upload pictures and keep you guys updated on the adventures of Dena in Russia!! Love you all!
Dena

No comments: